0.8 miles from Philpott Lake
Boasting a private pool and hot tub near Philpott Lake, this secluded 2.5-acre property offers the ideal Blue Ridge getaway for 10! The 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are distributed between 2 vacation rental cabins overlooking Philpott Lake. Fairy Stone State Park, Blue Ridge Parkway and several recreation areas offer hiking while the charming nearby towns of Martinsville and Rocky Mount host the Virginia Museum of Natural History, the Martinsville Speedway and the Harvester Performance Center.
-- THE PROPERTY --
* Deep cleaning and disinfecting procedures are done between bookings *
Bedroom 1, Cabin 1: King Bed, Queen Sofa Bed | Bedroom 1, Cabin 2: 2 Queen Beds | Bedroom 2, Cabin 2: 2 Twin Beds
Hardwood floors, lodge-inspired decor and a floor-to-ceiling rock fireplace outfit the living room. The gas fireplace will keep you toasty warm while you relax in front of the flat-screen TV or play one of the provided board games.
Back inside, the kitchen is well-equipped with rustic stone details and a farmhouse sink to make cleaning a breeze. There's seating for 4 at the dining table with 4 additional seats at the breakfast bar!
The pool area features a spacious, furnished patio complete with lounging and dining areas, as well as a bar and fire pit. Throw burgers on the gas grill and dine in the shade of the 6-person table!
As the day winds down, linger outside with a glass of wine while gathering around the bar for a refreshing drink, then gather around the fire pit to relax and enjoy the evening. Top off your day with a soak in the 6-person hot tub before calling it a night. Each of the 3 well-appointed bedrooms features comfortable accommodations for everyone in your group to fall asleep with ease!
-- THE LOCATION --
Boating, fishing and beaches await nearby on the 3,000-acre Philpott Lake! Another great outdoor destination, Fairy Stone State Park, offers 10 miles of multi-use trails, abundant fishing, canoe and kayak rentals hunting, and of course, the legendary fairy stones!
Hop in the car to spend the day driving along the nearby Blue Ridge Parkway, which is especially beautiful in the fall. Set at milepost 176 on the Parkway, Mabry Mill is one of the most photographed locations on the famed road. Also set along the road, Rocky Knob Recreation Area features hiking trails, including the Rock Castle Gorge Trail leading to panoramic views, while Smart View Recreation Area boasts the Smart View Trail with a historic cabin.
Make the 20-mile drive south-east to Martinsville to visit the museums, attractions and noteworthy restaurants! Virginia Museum of Natural History features exhibits on everything from dinosaurs and ants to local geoscience and the Ice Age. Check your schedule for a NASCAR race at Martinsville Speedway, or go for a relaxing stroll on the Dick & Willie Passage Rail Trail!
Rocky Mount is located 15 miles northeast, and features the Harvester Performance Center, a Farmers Market, Norfolk Southern Railroad Museum and abundant small city charm! The town of Ferrum 8 miles to the north is home to one of the oldest colleges in the Blue Ridge, with the Blue Ridge Institute & Museum!
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental makes it easy to find and book properties you'll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we'll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we'll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, free WiFi, 4 flat-screen TVs, movies and games, remote-controlled gas fireplace, sound system, provided linens and towels, washer and dryer, 6-person hot tub, furnished deck, furnished patio, private pool, bar, fire pit, garage parking for 2 vehicles, driveway parking for 4 vehicles and more
- Secluded Henry location on Philpott Lake, minutes from Blue Ridge Parkway and Martinsville Speedway!
- Nearest Major Airport: Lynchburg Regional Airport (~86 miles away), Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport (53 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- NOTE: Your safety matters. There is a Ring doorbell security camera, located next to the front door facing out. It does not look into any interior spaces. There is also a camera on the back of the main cabin, located under the kitchen window to the left, looking over the path to the lake. This camera does not cover the hot tub area
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in